Who doesn’t love Baileys cheesecake? Even better who could turn down slimming world’s approved Bailey cheesecake?
Cooking and cooling time: 45-60 mins
Syns per serving: 4
Low calorie cooking spray
10 ginger biscuits
3 egg whites
4 tsp powdered gelatine
500g fat free natural fromage frais, plus 4 tbsp, sweetened to taste, to serve
4 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
3-4 tbsp sweetener
25g chocolate curls, to decorate (or use grated milk chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5.
2. Spray a 20cm spring clip cake tin with low calorie cooking spray and line with baking parchment.
3. Put the biscuits in a polythene bag and crush with a rolling pin.
4. In a bowl, lightly beat 1 egg white, add the biscuit crumbs and mix well. Press evenly over the base of the cake tin and bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden. Leave to cool.
5. Dissolve the gelatine in 4 tablespoons of boiling water.
6. Mix the quark with the fromage frais, liqueur and sweetener. Whisk the remaining egg whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into the quark
mixture along with the gelatine. Pour on to the biscuit base, smooth the top and chill for 3 hours or until set.
7. Release the cheesecake from the tin and pile the extra fromage frais into the middle. Crumble over the chocolate curls to decorate and slice to serve.
*Remember pregnant women and babies are advised not to eat raw or partially cooked eggs.